When I first saw the thread about closed areas, I thought it would be
a thread praising closed areas.  I mean what's not to like about a
closed area?  From the start, it is way easier to park, just show up
and park as close as you can.  After that the lack of crowds means
that no one is breathing down your neck to ski the pow or corn or
what have you.  Lack of crowds means the snow lasts longer.  It's
also much cheaper.

I think closing ski areas is a terrific idea.

Mike