Hoosac is in Hoosick, NY, off NY Rt. 7 just west of
Bennington, Vt. They probably trained at Willard
Mountain.
I believe the school is named after either the river
or mountain range by the same name. There's quite a
bit of debate in that area about the different
Hoosicks and how they are spelled, etc.
-Bob