Hi, Joy.  Our badges don't list degrees, but they are marked as Faculty,
as that is our status here.  Our business cards list our degrees (MLIS,
etc.), which is a subtle way of educating our patrons.  Does anyone
else's library do the same?  Certainly all the other professionals on
campus or in the hospital have their degrees listed on their business
card.  We should, too.  If anyone's library doesn't, what are the
reasons given by administration?  Please share.

One of my professors told us how new "Librarian" badges were printed up,
but unfortunately, they were misspelled and read as, "Libarian."  The
librarians had to strenuously argue against wearing them; administration
was surprised to think that wearing the misspelled badges would be
considered a problem.  Geez!

Take care,

Tanya

Tanya Feddern-Bekcan, MLIS, AHIP, MOT, OTR/L
http://www.geocities.com/nqiya/libraryarticles.html
305.243.6648 - [log in to unmask] - 305.325.9670 (fax)
EBM Theme Co-Director & Reference and Education Librarian
Louis Calder Memorial Library - University of Miami Miller School of
Medicine