I've found the e-mail signature to be one of the best ways of promoting
our credentials, even more than the business card or name badge. This
may stem from the fact that virtually all of my library
requests/correspondence are via e-mail with individuals (kind of
speaking to what Scott wrote in his related message about a definable
library may no longer be essential), but there have been many times when
after writing one of our members (nurses) around the country I get a
reply to the effect of either "I didn't know you had a masters degree"
or "What is the AHIP?" which then allows me to refer them to
http://www.mlanet.org/academy/index.html
<http://www.mlanet.org/academy/index.html>  and hopefully provide a bit
of professional promotion that way.

Mark Vrabel, MLS, AHIP
Information Resources Supervisor
Oncology Nursing Society
125 Enterprise Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275-1214
412-859-6289 (phone)
412-859-6160 (fax)
www.ons.org/publications/library
<blocked::http://www.ons.org/publications/library>

Everyone's a Winner at the ONS 32nd Annual Congress

April 24-27, 2007 * Las Vegas, Nevada

Visit www.ons.org <blocked::http://www.ons.org/>  today.