Hi:

In trying to troubleshoot the "slow" issue, I am finding that it
seems to be linked to getting the latest Tuesday night Windows
update.  We are seeing the problem in machines both on and off
campus, so it does not appear to be tied to "Network Services".  It
is probably just coincidence, but it seems to be happening on units
that have Automatic Updates turned on with the added "Microsoft
Updates" (Active X) installed.  Is anyone else finding this to be
true?  I am seeing this on both old and brand new systems.

Yesterday, Ben sent a note that looked like it might reflect
something along this line, but there was no details of the symptoms
in his note, just a fix.  I hesitate applying a fix unless I know
that it is appropriate for my problem.  Could there be a batch file
created that would do the same thing?

John

John Cooley
Information Tech Professional
University of Vermont Extension
131 Tanglewood Lane
White River Junction, Vermont  05001-9638

P:   (802) 299-2420