Bob

> Date:    Thu, 10 May 2007 14:37:00 -0400
> From:    [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Oracle Calendar Multiple Entries
>
> I figured that could be the case and yeah, Sync ML is leaps and
> bounds better than the oracle palm sync app....
>
> One could use both tho, in the instance that they wanted to back up
> media with hot sync etc and just configure the calendar conduit to
> do nothing, sound right?

Well yes, and in fact this is the way you must configure your PDA
device; calendar and tasks syncing through SyncML and those conduits
defaulted to "Do Nothing" on Palm Desktop.  If you don't then the
sync process presumes that you've synched the device to two different
computers and voila, duplicate entries.  Sync it again and it starts
to become the ancient math example of doubling the grains of rice.

Once you have the duplicate entries you have to manually remove them
from ALL the places they exist: on the PDA, on Oracle calendar, etc.

There are some utilities out there for automating duplicate removal,
but I'd make darn sure you had a good hotsync (with the Calendar and
Tasks set to do nothing first of course) of the unit before you started:

http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm/undupe.html

And to answer your previous unrelated question: Beth Wilkins and I
support the Faculty, Staff and graduate teaching faculty of the
College of Arts and Sciences.

Andrew Hendrickson
CAS, IT Administrator
UVM, College of Arts & Sciences