AND, even if the list is private, the "review" command will at least
return the list header which includes the email addresses of those
listed as owners. This will let you at least email them and request
removal.

> Date:    Fri, 18 May 2007 11:46:04 -0400
> From:    Stefanie Ploof <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: smtp receipients
>
> Or, as I suggested privately, send a [log in to unmask] message
> with
> body "review LIST" and if the list isn't private it will return a
> message
> to you with the recipients and you can check which address is listed.
>
> Example, if you
>
> review IT-DISCUSS
>
> you will see that you show as:
>
> [log in to unmask]             Thomas McLeod

Andrew Hendrickson
CAS, IT Administrator
UVM, College of Arts & Sciences
438 Main Street #302