From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Bunyan, Linda
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Chat: Rush orders on Docline

Our local consortium has an agreement that, when we send a rush order to
another censorial member, we fax the request as well.  This will notify
them that a rush order is sitting in DOCLINE.  Many hospital libraries
go into DOCLINE only once or twice per day, perhaps only at appointed
times.

Also, we have an agreement that rush orders are ONLY for direct patient
care, not because you forgot you were giving a presentation at noon
today.

It's certainly not my place to put forward these practices as national
policy; I'm just adding this information to the discussion.

Linda E. Bunyan, MLS, AHIP
Manager, Medical Library Services
Summa Health System
55 Arch Street, Suite G-3