Throwing myself on the collective wisdom of the group - I need to find
out the most recent estimates of the incidence of VRE in the general
population or more specifically in the populations of long term care
facilities or nursing homes/ retirement residences.

i.e. are we fighting a losing battle because   X % of the patients
entering our facility already have VRE or is it really something we can
still keep under control in the hospital setting.

Any leads on good statistical data.  I have checked medline, google
scholar, Scirus and CDC and found some but nothing definitive.  It may
be that the studies have not yet been done. Or they may all be lurking
in the grey lit,

Elyse Pike

Health Sciences Librarian

Grey Bruce Health Services