Wes chides:
>Ppphhttt!
>
>What a waste of SLC residency. Here we have to fight and claw for
>every day of powder, every day of skiing. Look at guys like tellynaut
>and Ramsden and Mig, driving 5 or 8 or 14 hours for a couple of runs
>down Stein's or National

Thank you for succinctly explaining why I chose to move here after 20
years of northeastern skiing.

>  -- And you live in the land of plenty, and
>can't be bothered to drive up the canyon.

10 days of deep, perfect 5% powder or spring corn are far more
satisfying than 20 days of refrozen crud and loud'n firm groomers. In
seasons like that, I'll gladly let my day count drop by 10. That's
the luxury of living here - we can afford to be picky. Some might
even call it spoiled. To paraphrase the late Alex Lowe, the best
skier on the hill is the one having the most fun.

But that's me. YMMV.

-marc