T O S wrote on 5/23/07 12:53 PM:

> A-Rod is no Ortiz.
Won't argue that.

> What about the elbow A-Rod threw after sliding into second base?
A hustle play. Baseball officiating gives a lot of latitude to a runner
trying to break up a dp. You _could_ say A-Rod's momentum carried him into,
who was it, Cora?
Are you making a comparison to Monday night's play with Ortiz and Jeter?
Ortiz helped Jeter up after the play was dead. That was very nice. Before
the play was dead, he slammed into Jeter's head, trying to, and succeeding
at, knocking the ball loose. Totally legitimate.

> On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:11:17 -0400, T O S <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> That was a total nail biter.

Funny. My thoughts exactly about Monday night's game.

>> Rubber match tonight.

Go Yanks.

--Dan