You, sir, need a summer hobby.  Is there room for a used MTB in that basement?

- Patrick

________________________________

	From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dana Dorsett
	Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:56 PM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: [SKIVT-L] OT: WaWa skiing conditions (no baseball content)

	It’s gotten a bit ridiculous in the past week- very little left outside of the rotting remains of the terrain park. But as of this AM there was about 35-40’ vertical on the E. stripe of what had been a half pipe.   About 1/3 of the way down the aspect ratio is about 2.5’ wide by 4’ tall, with one side pitched about 75 degrees.  The rest is wide enough to make turns on, but difficult with the sharply peaked knife-edge ridge. (We need to get more people skiing it to dull the knife-edge effect- it would ski pretty pleasantly if only… )

	On the walk out the fire-road a WaWa resort logo-ed pickup approaches, stopping beside me (uh oh, here it comes.)

	 “Finding enough snow out there?”

	“Uh… it’s plenty DEEP, but not very wide!”

	[chuckles, drives on.]

	Then as I stood by the tailgate taking my boots off a state D.E.M. truck turns up the fire road, slows to gawk but doesn’t stop…

	Tour statistics:

	..Hike/ski ratio: 1.5/1

	..Vertical skied: ‾150’

	..Turns: Couple dozen.

	..Butt-checks: 1- still there, no matter how long & hard I laughed. :-)

	(Unintentionally side slipped the 60+ degree side of the knife edge all the way down to mud near the narrows on my first run, but my butt stayed on snow at least! :-D )

	Silly-skiing, anyone?

	dana

	_____________ ________ __