On 5/24/07, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Not Mansfield's 10" of
> snow/debris mix ;)

10"?
I went climbing up in the notch yesterday.  There is no 10 inches
anywhere on mansfield, except maybe in patches smaller than even Dana
would ski on.
I've got to say the notch is a great place to spend a day of near
record temps.  Cool breezes kept the climbing reasonable.  Blackflies
are bearable, no need for repellent.
Waved as Roger 1 drove throught he notch at about 5:30 , but I don't
think he recognized me without my skiboots.
If I were at Duffy's house, I'd certainly be skiing.  Here, it's time
to move on.