Ok, let's do the math.

$13/1,000 feet of vertical = $0.013/foot

Yikes!  That's above the $0.01 per foot threshold.  That's like going to
Stowe, paying for a day ticket, and making only three laps, and you
didn't even count the cost of gasoline to get there from Amherst.  Let's
do the math again.  Assuming said town has not yet instituted a
mandatory Prius ownership law,

212 miles x 2 trips / 27 mpg * $3.179/gallon = ~$50), which leaves you

$63/1,000 feet = $0.063/foot

That's off the scale.  There's no way you can defend that kind of skiing
expenditure.  You're going to have to count this as both a hiking and
skiing trip and rework your math.

$63/(1,000 + 5,348) = $0.0099/foot.

Whew, that's better.  You need to get better at cooking the books, if
you want to make a career out of this.  Nobody will take you seriously
with the sort of price to earnings ratio that you're advertising.
Clearly, economist <> accountant.

BTW, you left this out:  http://picasaweb.google.com/jshefftz/AdamsNH07,
which can only help support the accounting trick I pulled on your
behalf.  "But Mr. Auditor, how could it be a skiing trip if there was
hardly any snow?"

- Patrick