Justin:

Call me an old fossil, but I really hope you teach your students William Butler Yeats. "Second Coming" is one of the best poems ever written.

Dark, with none of the fake irony of modern poseurs.
Full of symbolism, allegory and metaphor, without pretentiousness.
Deeply moving.

"Haskell, Patrick" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Justin wrote:

[A Weird Nature Poem Formula]

I always hated that color by numbers bs. That exercise sounds painful.
I can't imagine the depth of horror your students felt upon reading the
instructions. Were there audible groans? It was hard enough reading
for a non-participant. That said, it seems to have worked passably well
for you, so what do I know?

- Patrick