It’s gotten a bit ridiculous in the past week- very little left outside
of the rotting remains of the terrain park. But as of this AM there was
about 35-40’ vertical on the E. stripe of what had been a half pipe.
About 1/3 of the way down the aspect ratio is about 2.5’ wide by 4’
tall, with one side pitched about 75 degrees.  The rest is wide enough
to make turns on, but difficult with the sharply peaked knife-edge
ridge. (We need to get more people skiing it to dull the knife-edge
effect- it would ski pretty pleasantly if only… )

On the walk out the fire-road a WaWa resort logo-ed pickup approaches,
stopping beside me (uh oh, here it comes.)

 “Finding enough snow out there?”

“Uh… it’s plenty DEEP, but not very wide!”

[chuckles, drives on.]

Then as I stood by the tailgate taking my boots off a state D.E.M. truck
turns up the fire road, slows to gawk but doesn’t stop…

Tour statistics:

..Hike/ski ratio: 1.5/1

..Vertical skied: ~150’

..Turns: Couple dozen.

..Butt-checks: 1- still there, no matter how long & hard I laughed. :-)

(Unintentionally side slipped the 60+ degree side of the knife edge all
the way down to mud near the narrows on my first run, but my butt stayed
on snow at least! :-D )

Silly-skiing, anyone?

dana
_____________ ________ __