OT: WaWa skiing conditions (no baseball content)

Its gotten a bit ridiculous in the past week- very little left outside of the rotting remains of the terrain park. But as of this AM there was about 35-40 vertical on the E. stripe of what had been a half pipe.   About 1/3 of the way down the aspect ratio is about 2.5 wide by 4 tall, with one side pitched about 75 degrees.  The rest is wide enough to make turns on, but difficult with the sharply peaked knife-edge ridge. (We need to get more people skiing it to dull the knife-edge effect- it would ski pretty pleasantly if only )

On the walk out the fire-road a WaWa resort logo-ed pickup approaches, stopping beside me (uh oh, here it comes.)

 Finding enough snow out there?

Uh its plenty DEEP, but not very wide!

[chuckles, drives on.]

Then as I stood by the tailgate taking my boots off a state D.E.M. truck turns up the fire road, slows to gawk but doesnt stop

Tour statistics:

..Hike/ski ratio: 1.5/1

..Vertical skied: ‾150

..Turns: Couple dozen.

..Butt-checks: 1- still there, no matter how long & hard I laughed. :-)

(Unintentionally side slipped the 60+ degree side of the knife edge all the way down to mud near the narrows on my first run, but my butt stayed on snow at least! :-D )

Silly-skiing, anyone?

dana

_____________ ________ __