Pay the schedulers what they are worth (it is a thankless job), train them well and do what you can to retain them.  The less turnover you have the more valuable a centralized scheduling department can be.  With the right people and resources, it is a wonderful thing.  Without the right people and training, it can destroy your referral base.

Bill Beymer BS, RVT, RDMS
Section Manager
Diagnostic Imaging
260.373.4704 (office)
260.373.4724 (Fax)

>>> Jill Myers <[log in to unmask]> 6/27/07 13:20 >>>
As more departments go electronic, we have managed to keep from going to a
centralized scheduling until now.  I would love to hear the pros and cons from
others who use centralized scheduling for outpatient studies in the vascular
lab.

Email me directly if you wish.  Thanks.

Jill Myers