It appears to me that the time has come to "re-think" the value of
this particular publication.  The only reason publishers pull this
kind of thing is because we (librarians) let them get a way with it.
A little mass cancellation would almost certainly catch their attention.

Tom

On 12 Jun 2007, at 22:18, Lillian R Brazin wrote:

> To those of you who have institutional subscriptions to
> PsychiatryOnline.com, were you recently blindsided by their 50%
> increase for the new fiscal year?  There was no advance warning.
> The explanation was that last year's rate was "introductory" and
> they had added some new e-textbooks. Even UpToDate hasn't raised
> its rates by more than 10%!
>        Lillian Brazin
>

> =====================================
> Lillian R. Brazin, MS, AHIP/ (215)456-5882 (-8267 FAX)
> Director, Library Services
> Luria Medical Library     [log in to unmask]
> Albert Einstein Healthcare Network
> 5501 Old York Rd., Phila., PA 19141
>

> This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to
> which it is addressed and may contain information that is
> privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by
> applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the
> employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
> distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you
> have received this message by error, please notify the sender
> immediately to arrange for return or destruction of these documents.

Thomas L. Williams, M.S.,A.H.I.P.
Director, Distributed eLibrary
Weill Cornell Medical College Qatar
Education City P.O. 24144