Hi everyone,

I have been searching for information about the following question that I received this morning: what is the best practice for allowing discharged patients who are able to ambulate to leave the hospital unescorted?  I have searched in PubMed, CINAHL, MDConsult, The Cochrane Library and Google and have found very little.

Thank you,
Rita

Rita Neri
Manager, Medical Library
St. Francis Hospital
Medical Library
100 Port Washington Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576-1348
Ph: 516 562-6673
Fax: 516 562-6695

The information in this e-mail, and any attachments therein, is confidential and for use by the intended addressee only. If this message is received by you in error please do not disseminate or read further. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete the message. Although Catholic Health Services of Long Island attempts to sweep e-mail  and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.