The main reason it caught my attention was because it exposes the
fact that a myth that has become part of common folklore over the
past few years (women talk more than men) is totally groundless. As
in many other cases, this hasn't stopped evolutionary psychologists
from formulating brilliant explanations of this non-fact.

Of course people on the left have to be careful that their scientific
views are not merely dictated by political ideology, but in the
present historical context there is a tidal wave of ideology in the
opposite direction, so having a consciously left perspective is
perhaps the best way of maintaining a properly skeptical attitude
towards the bullshit.

--PG