From: herb fox <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Cuba trip and AAAS session
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:37:05 -0400

Apparently you guys who correctly speak for openness missed the point for
which i must accept responsibility by not having been clear.  The two
reasons for my suggestion are:

   1. There is no SftP.  Why pretend?  We are participants on a list serve.
   2. There is some liability problem, i believe, in using the name.
Check w/ Jon Beckwith

herb

PS
Frankly i was initially a bit stung by the reading you guys gave my remark.
So many times from the late forties through the seventies.i returned home as
the sole breadwinner to tell my wife and then 4 children that we'd have to
tighten our belts for awhile 'till i found new employment because of my open
stand as a radical.  Circumstances prevented me from responding to your
emails immediately.  A good thing, because later i realized it was my
inference not your implication that my untarnished record of openness, even
when a member of supposedly clandestine organizations, was being sullied.
Another example that hasty responses to emails are unwise.
hf