This evening I learned the actual reason children are becoming so
obese today. They have to be isolated in the back seats of cars until
they weigh a certain amount (60 lbs?) . The faster they gain weight,
the sooner that isolation can end. QED
It seems to me as good or better a theory than Slate's totally
predictable blame-the-victim approach.

Best,
Michael