"And now we have to listen to the bullshit of so-called evolutionary
psychologists."

Yes, George, I am afraid we do. We have to know and understand what they say, including political liberals like Barash, and we have to acknowledge that they sell millions of books and write hundreds of op-ed pieces, and that they are much more influential than we radical leftists are. We even have to accept the possibility that they might be right about certain things, because a science for the people has to be based on science and not wishful thinking. And we have to be careful not to distort their viewpoints, because they can easily demonstrate that when we try to  "show that war and rape were not just the inevitable, unsuppressible result of genes
"doing what comes naturally"...   we are not accurately describing what they actually think, certainly not someone like Barash nor someone like Dawkins.

By the way, I find little to disagree with in this particular oped piece, and I doubt that many scientists will either. Does that give Barash greater credibility as an evolutionary psychologist, does it mean that we should not treat people like Barash as automatic enemies, or...?

MB