One of my sons, Brian, was the first paid employee of the Free Software
Foundation, Richard Stallman's creation .  Brian is the author of the
GNU Bash Shell that appears everywhere especially amongGNU and LINUX
users and is incorporated in the Apple OS.  It is unfortunate that the
still existing rather widespread utopian concepts embodied in Stallman's
"Copyleft"  never were embraced by the traditional left.  It is a lost
opportunity or maybe not, as the composition of the proletariat shifts
more and more to workers in IT.  In Marxian terms i see that movement as
a struggle against alienated labor.  Incidentally Stallman is the
recipient of a MacArthur Fellowship.  I encourage any of you expecting
to publish a book or manual check out the Copyleft.  It can be used for
books also.
herb