Phil,

You are absolutely right! The Chicago group is among a few around the US that are doing just that: trying to do science for the people work- in spite of the odds.

The Algebra Project(algebra.org) is another aspect of this truly grassroots movement.

I hope you invited the Chicago folk to join the SftP listserv!

In Struggle,

Sam

ddddddddddddddddddddddd