It wasn't Fred Hampton, Carrol.  I knew him -- our Univ. of Chicago NUC
chapter had a forum on the history of racism in political movements (or
something like that) and he agreed to be one of the speakers.  (I was also on
the panel).  It was a rare (extremely rare) intersection of academia with the
BPP, a tribute to trust built between the U of C NUC chapter and the Panthers
by, on our side, some of my comrades, partcularly the sadly departed Mike
Goldberger, a neuroscientist, and Fred Hampton's wonderfully inclusive vision.
I did not detect any sexism in his talk at our forum or the few other times I
heard him speak (though others on this list seem to have had a different
experience).  I would have really taken note if he was the one referred to in
the "prone" incident.  I finished my Ph.D. dissertation in 1970, a few months
after Fred Hampton was murdered, and dedicated it to his memory.

By the way, was there a SNCC meeting in Chicago in 1968 or '69?  It may be
that the SDS/NUC people who related the story to me had been attending that
and not an SDS meeting.  But that's not how I remember it.