This evening I learned the actual reason children are becoming so obese today. They have to be isolated in the back seats of cars until they weigh a certain amount (60 lbs?) . The faster they gain weight, the sooner that isolation can end. QED
It seems to me as good or better a theory than Slate's totally predictable blame-the-victim approach.

Best,

Michael