The Council for Responsible Genetics was started by SftP people some of whom have stayed with it over the years, certainly at least until recently.  One of the achievements of the Genetic Screening Study Group (a continuance of the old Sociobiology Study group) was to publish two surveys on genetic discrimination (in Am. J. Human Genetics and Science and Engineering Ethics) which played a major role in alerting the public to the potential dangers of genetic information which, we believe, led to legislation in many states against genetic discrimination (questions about how useful this legislation is) and perhaps restraining somewhat the insurance companies.  (I can provide references to discussions of this if there is interest.)  Jon