Since George makes reference to Science's coverage of this story, I have
attached the four most relevant stories that the magazine published. To me,
they seem an good example of balanced reporting, giving both sides of  the
story and making the news judgement that Chapela's victory in the tenure
battle was worthy of note. Whether or not folks here agree that Science's
coverage was balanced, it seems clear that there is a legitimate debate over
whether the original research was correct or not. And yes, ultimately
science has to be brought to bear on that kind of question.

best, Michael

--
www.michaelbalter.com

Michael Balter