Herb Fox has agreed to be a backup co-owner. Any other volunteers, very much including you, Mandi, would be welcome.

Best,

Michael

On Jul 2, 2007, at 11:29 PM, Mandi Smallhorne wrote:

Don't you think there should be several co-owners? George got landed with
this because of no response from one co-owner, for whatever reason. I think
there should be four people (maybe five, but that might be pushing it) with
the hot button, as that would mean you're unlikely to get one person alone
in charge at any time.
Mandi
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Entemann" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: Should I replace George as co-owner?

You have my vote.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Michael H Goldhaber <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Should I replace George as co-owner?
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 13:39:45 -0700

Dear SftP list members,

If you approve, I am willing to take on the task of list "co-owner."

George Salzman, who did so much to found this list and increase its
membership has asked twice now to be relieved of the burden as "co-
owner,"
which means, in essence moderator. I am grateful he has  reinstated
Michael
Balter, though I was critical of the way he  removed him in the first
place.

A while ago, in response to George's first request, I offered to be
moderator, but most who responded did not want a moderator. In the  light
of
that, and subsequent events, I want to make clear that I  would try to
avoid
censorship of any sort, unless a clear consensus  forms that someone is
doing great damage to the list. The only  exception would be clear
emergencies.

I am forwarding my original moderation guidelines unchanged, but want  to
make clear these would only be guidelines, not rules. If I note
violations,
I would suggest to the violator(s)  that maybe they could  modify their
posting habits accordingly. I would be open to further  suggestions as to
how to  improve these guidelines, of course.

Herb Fox is willing to be a more passive (yet) co-owner, ready to  jump in
if I flag overmuch.

Anyone else who wishes to be a candidate should let us all know.

Best,
Michael

Begin forwarded message: