You may, if you have not already, start finding it difficult to acquire high quality VCR's.  I ran into this a couple years ago and my impression was that VCR's are nearing the obsolete stage.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Bill Beymer BS, RVT, RDMS
Section Manager
Diagnostic Imaging
260.373.4704 (office)
260.373.4724 (Fax)

>>> Derek Butler <[log in to unmask]> 7/31/07 07:48 >>>

Hello All,

Can I request some comments re: VCR use in a vascular lab that has a PACS system. The PACS system cannot take cine loops as a side note.

The VCR at our lab has broken several times, to save overhead on tapes + equipment I thought I would pose the question to the flownett whether using a VCR is considered still a necessity.

I personally like the idea of using a VCR to record live scanning and to potentially be used someday in a clinical decision, but in the past 16 years, I have never had to queue up a VCR tape.

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Derek Butler RVT, RDCS, RDMS, RT(R)