Just for the fun of it I took a walk in the fields behind Technology Park  in
South Burlington yesterday. True, these pathways are overrun with dogs and
their owners, especially on weekends. However, there are lots of birds flying
around, too. In addition to the expected Red-winged blackbirds, European
Starlings, and American Goldfinches (many), I saw Savannah Sparrows (3), a
Bobolink, an Eastern Meadowlark, Eastern Kingbirds (2), a Cedar Waxwing, and a
Northern Harrier in flight.

Good birding seems to be going to the dogs these days.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington