On recent trips to Hardwick and Washington, Vermont I was delighted to hear
and then see Black-Billed Cuckoos.  I was interested to read that other
folks had been seeing them with increasing regularity.  I was also delighted
to hear the song of the Field Sparrow (this was in a remote field near
Washington on the 4th of July).  As I have never heard them here in the Mad
River Valley,  I was wondering if other birders regularly encounter the
Field Sparrow or whether my encounter was a rare treat.  Thanks

Jeannie

Two Dog Mountain

Fayston, VT