Chris wrote:
>Besides, other than Great Salt Lake, I'm not sure how much water
>there is around SLC,
>but I'm awaiting correction from any of the residents of that area

A lot of folks boat on the Great Salt Lake and Utah Lake, but, due to
the salt content being higher than that of sea water, the majority of
boating and all swimming is done on the fresh water lakes and
reservoirs. Admittedly, while some are in reasonable proximity to
SLC, many of the premier destinations are hours away (eg: Lake Powell
at 5+ hours, esp. when towing a boat. And it was 113F at the Bullfrog
Marina yesterday!). Of course if you're willing to drive 5 hrs., that
gives access to many, many water destinations in Idaho, Wyoming, and
Colorado in addition to Utah. Also, a lot of water sports activity
takes place on our rivers as well.

-marc

www.mchrusch.com
My blog: