A group of Putney/Brattleboro riders/friends of mine did that ride a couple
years ago. I believe the originators of the 100 200 were the nordic US ski
teamers. The P/B group split of of 100 around Stratton, taking Rte. 30 south
to Rte. 5, to the border.

One of the guys gave up in Brattleboro. It had been a cold, rainy day, and
he was missing shifts and mentally shot, so he stopped so that he wouldn't
get hurt. Still, I figure he regrets abandoning to this day...

On 7/3/07, Jumpin_Jimmy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Every year there is a road ride on the day of the summer solstice (taking
> advantage of the most daylight). They start around dawn on route 100 at
> the
> canadian border, and ride until they hit the mass border on that same
> road.
> They call it "the 100 200" as it is something like 200 miles on route
> 100...
>
> I have thought about the dirt version of that for a while. My guess would
> be a
> combo of local knowledge (bike shops for one) the snow-machine trail
> network
> (V.A.S.T. maps) dirt roads, etc. As far as I know, this would be a 1st
> time
> someone had done this...
>
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:39:05 +0000, Alex Friend <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >jj, nice lyrical ode to Vermont. So what are we doing typing on a day as
> gorgeous as today?
> >
> >Carless, I'm going to ride from my house in Burlington and do the Mud
> Pond
> loop in Williston this afternoon, if anyone wants to join me.
> >
> >I'm also ready to ride from Quebec to Massachusetts, without suspension.
> Can we do it in sections, or does it have to be a through-ride?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Alex

Benjamin Kulas

caveat lector