A group of Putney/Brattleboro riders/friends of mine did that ride a couple years ago. I believe the originators of the 100 200 were the nordic US ski teamers. The P/B group split of of 100 around Stratton, taking Rte. 30 south to Rte. 5, to the border.

One of the guys gave up in Brattleboro. It had been a cold, rainy day, and he was missing shifts and mentally shot, so he stopped so that he wouldn't get hurt. Still, I figure he regrets abandoning to this day...