Note in the second link that the RAV4 models were full-time symmetric
AWD (just like an Auid Quattro and a Subaru AWD) until 2006.  Since
then they have been automatic asymmetric AWD.

http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/difference_4WD_awd.html
http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/4WD-AWD-autoAWD.html

And, Sharon, as I understand it, the Vibe is *not* the same as the
Toyota Matrix.  I believe it is the same engine and AWD system, but
the rest is all Pontiac.