Dude, geologically speaking, Utah can't touch Newfoundland.  One word:
Ophiolite.

Relative to ecology.  Surely you're joking.  Does SLC have a tropical
rainforest on one side of the city and a desert on the other?  Right.
That's what I thought.

While I've never actually been to Hawai'i, I've seen plenty enough
episodes of Magnum PI to know that outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen can
find plenty of fun in the only state with a guttural stop.

--Matt K.