On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:02:17 -0400, Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My recommendations:
>
>1) Toyota Prius.  It's expensive, up front, but you'll save a lot of
>money on gas.  Invest in good snows.  You'll be fine.

A friend of mine bought one of these and I laughed at him when he bought it.
After several road trips, I am not laughing anymore.   What a great car.
I agree with Matt regarding the tires.  My friend lives on a class 4 road
and has
had no problems.

Four of us went to Fenway in it.  Plenty of leg room.  We got 45 MPG.
When we got to stop and go traffic on Storrow Dr, the car ran only on the
electric
motors.   It was so quiet.

I am extremely impressed with Toyota hybrid technology.  You could always get
a hybrid highlander if you must have 4WD.