Under Australia's rules, my grandparents would have been sent back to the pogroms in Russia and killed.

If you agree with that, you are a racist.

Hatred of Mexicans has EVERYTHING to do with the issue, you dolt.

Geoff Devine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Mike Weinstein writes:
> once again, you people seem to be wacking out about Mexico.
>
> how many Mexicans were involved in 9/11?

What does that have to do with the issue of illegal immigration?

I think Australia has it right. They grade each immigration applicant
based on age, health, English language skills, education, and skills. If
you are young, healthy, educated, and have a skill that is in short
supply, you're in. If you are old, infirm, ignorant, and have no skills,
you're out. I believe the non-Quebec part of Canada has similar
policies.

I also think illegals should face swift, sure arrest followed by prompt
deportation. If it turns out that the US needs to import unskilled labor,
we need to do it in a controlled fashion and not create a perpetual sub-
class of illegals.

Geoff

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.