Better yet...why don't we just invade Mexico and make it our own!

That should solve some of the immigration problems on that border anyway.
Lleh...we can probably take over most of Central America all the way down to
Panama. Imperialism may be the answer to this problem.

-Sh

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 06:55:11 -0700, Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I agree that we need a sensible and fair law.  I don't know what it is and it
will be tough to craft one.

>However I have a modest proposal; let's take the money that some are
proposing for building a 1000 mile long 18 foot high fence and vastly more
border guards and spend it instead on improving the Mexican economy.  It has
already improved significantly along the US border and is starting to roll south
from this once poorest part of the country.  I don't mean welfare or such, I
mean well thought out economic incentives, capitalism at its best.   Of course
this presumes that we're smart enough to do it right.

>For too much of history, the only way Latin America could get any attention
or money from us was by finding a few leftist guerrillas in the hills.  Then US $
would pour into the pockets of whatever brutal dictator was in power, to be
spent on weapons.  There should be a better way.