There is more regarding the relationship and interests Benjamin Franklin
had to the field of medicine.

Benjamin Franklin . Inquiring Mind . Medical Musings | PBS
<http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_inquiring_medical.html>

Quoting:

"Benjamin Franklin took a great interest in health-related topics. In his
day, many beliefs about health and disease were based on superstition.
Franklin applied Enlightenment reasoning to his study of various
afflictions and came up with some astonishingly accurate hypotheses."

Discussed in this web page as medical interests of Benjamin Franklin:

Common cold
Lead poisoning
Pennsylvania Hospital
Electricity and paralysis
Exercise
Swimming
Flexible catheter

Indeed, Benjamin Franklin combined his interest in medicine with his
printing activities:

Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1965 January; 53(1): 7179.
Copyright notice
Benjamin Franklin's Medical Imprints
Jane Quale Cantu, Junior Librarian
Harvard Medical Library, Boston, Massachusetts
<http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=198230>

There is this book full text in the Internet Archive

Title The medical side of Benjamin Franklin
Creator Pepper, William, 1874-
Publisher Philadelphia W.J. Campbell
Date 1911
Language eng
Possible Copyright Status NOT_IN_COPYRIGHT
Copyright Region US
Copyright Evidence Evidence reported by [log in to unmask] for item
medicalsideofben00peppuoft on June 12, 2007: no visible notice of
copyright; stated date is 1911.
Copyright Evidence Date 20070612183137
Contributor Robarts - University of Toronto
Media Type texts
Call Number AFO-0734
Identifier medicalsideofben00peppuoft
Public Date 2007-06-12 18:31:49
Image Count 208
Scribe Operator [log in to unmask]
Scribe Station ias13

<http://www.archive.org/details/medicalsideofben00peppuoft>

These books may also be of interest to some of the members of this list in
this regard.

The colonial physician and other essays
Whitfield J Bell
1975 1st ed.
New York : Science History Publications, ;
ISBN: 0882020242 9780882020242

The art of chemistry :
myths, medicines, and materials
Arthur Greenberg
2003
English  Book  Internet Resource xix, 357 p., [16] p. of plates : ill.
(some col.) ; 29 cm.
Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Interscience, ;
ISBN: 0471071803 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780471071808 (cloth : alk. paper)

Doctor Franklin's medicine
Stanley Finger
2006
English  Book xiii, 379 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, ;
ISBN: 081223913X (alk. paper)
9780812239133 (alk. paper)

An entertainment for angels : electricity in the Enlightenment
Patricia Fara
2002
English  Book 177 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
New York : Columbia University Press, ;
ISBN: 0231131488 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780231131483 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0231131496 (paper : alk. paper)
9780231131490 (paper : alk. paper)

Atlantic cousins : Benjamin Franklin and his visionary friends
Jack Fruchtman
2005
English  Book  Internet Resource 404 p. : ports. ; 24 cm.
New York : Thunder's Mouth Press, ;
ISBN: 1560256680 9781560256687
Access:
<http://www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/fy0605/2005281702.html>

Some account of the Pennsylvania Hospital /
Benjamin Franklin;  I Bernard Cohen
1954
English  Book xxx, 40 p. ; 25 cm.
Baltimore : Johns Hopkins Press,

It could be said that it is no accident that the Benjamin Franklin
Institute or as it is popularly known, the Franklin Institute is a science
museum.  Thanks for bringing up this interesting topic, poster or no
poster.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
Net-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>
<http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>
<http://net-gold.jiglu.com/>
General Internet & Print Resources
<http://library.temple.edu/articles/subject_guides/general.jsp>
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
Digital Divide Network
<http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/jwne>
Educator-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>
K12ADMINLIFE
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12AdminLIFE/>
Nina Dillard's Photographs
<http://homepage.mac.com/neemers1/>
Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
<http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o>
Net-Gold Membership Required to View Photos