One of our physician administrators wants to answer a letter from a
woman consumer who wants transgender surgery to a male.  The
administrator would like to respond to the writer, who asked for the
following information:  some general information about transgender
surgery,  recovery time, the approximate length of the surgery, and any
other literature about the surgery.  The writer says she is a
"hermaphrodite, a person with both sexes".

I would like to really look good as this is the first time this person
has ever asked for a search in the 11 years I have been working here, so
I am appealing to you, my colleagues.

When I combine exp Hermaphroditism with surgery and (econom$ or cost$),
I don't get any hits.  I tried google which listed some changes, but
nothing that wasn't extremely scientific and no costs were involved.
Medlineplus has Androgen insensitivity syndrome.  I don't have anything
in book collection that would address this. I would be will to talk to a
surgeon that does this if I had a name to call. Please reply to me
directly:
Marilyn Teolis
Baptist Hospital
2000 Church St.
Nashville TN 37236

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, contains information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended only for the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please purge it immediately and notify the sender.