Colleagues, My kudos to the officers and HLS for making SurveyMonkey
(what I will write as SM) available to us.  We have used it for a
survey.  We have downloaded results and now have them in an Excel
spreadsheet so we can graph them.  I had trouble getting the data into
an Excel spreadsheet, however.

To help you in the Excel process, here is what I learned.

You can download the SM results, and they will come to you as a WinZip
file.  Extract or save that file somewhere on your computer where you
can find it.  It will have an Excel icon before it, making you think it
is an Excel file, but it really is not, yet.  It is one mass of data and
trying to open that WinZip file right after downloading did not work.

After saving (extracting) the WinZip SM download to a file on your
computer, open Excel.  Navigate to (find your saved file) the downloaded
file (you have to change the designation from Excel files to "all
files") and click to open it.  Excel will ask you to specify how to
delimit the SM download.  This is where you keep your Tabs, delimit by
comma, etc., then open the saved file.  Et, voila!  You should have an
Excel spreadsheet of your survey results.

I did not find the WinZip nor the SM nor the Microsoft Helps to really
help.  By chance, just as I was talking with our IT Dept helper, I had
Excel opened and I clicked on a downloaded file.  The delimited format
screen appeared and I created the spreadsheet.  What I had been doing
was trying to open what looked like the Excel data from the SM download
without first opening Excel.  I could see all the data, but it was one
big cell, not delimited, and obviously would not function as a
spreadsheet.

If you try it and have questions, email me.  I think I can walk you
through it.

Thomas

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain
information from Self Regional Healthcare which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be for the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee,
any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message and all
copies.

Self Regional Healthcare is a tobacco-free enterprise.  The SRH
telephone exchange is now 725. Please, update your contact information
with our new numbers: telephone 864-725-4851; facsimile 864-725-4838

Thomas Hill, Librarian, Self Regional Healthcare, Medical Library, 1325
Spring St., Greenwood, SC 29646