Is there anyone else out there who is as disappointed as I am with the Mla Ben Franklin poster promotion?  We're supposed to be expert searchers who are technologically savvy - and we get portrayed by Ben Franklin- who I do not associate with medicine - and a magnifying glass??  To me this is a waste of my dues.  Let's get a better role model.

How about something as simple as a doctor, nurse,tech person, and a librarian pictured together and label it "Your healthcare team."  I think this would help show our credibility by associating librarians on a par with other health professionals.

Doesn't MLA keep in touch with the real world?  Don't they read stories like the one in the NYTimes about the hip librarians?

Just wondered if anyone else felt this way.

Deb Lawless
St. Vincent's
Jacksonville, FL

"I've chosen the work I want to do.  If I find no joy in it, then I'm only condemning myself to sixty years of torture.  And I can find the hoy only if I do my work in the best way possible to me."
Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead

NOTICE: This message is confidential, intended for the named
recipient(s) and may contain information that is (i) proprietary to
the sender, and/or, (ii) privileged, confidential and/or otherwise
exempt from disclosure under applicable Florida and federal law,
including, but not limited to, privacy standards imposed pursuant
to the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
of 1996 ("HIPAA"). Receipt by anyone other than the named
recipients(s) is not a waiver of any applicable privilege. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you in
advance for your compliance with this notice.