Many thanks to all who provided feedback, advice, and URLs to their
online tutorials! Below are a summary of responses regarding creating
online library orientation tutorials:

University of Florida Health Science Center Libraries

Rae Jesano

Combination of Camtasia and HTML online tutorials mainly for distance
learning students - subjects covered are:

Forensic Toxicology, Occupational Therapy and Pharmacy and the online
catalog

http://www.library.health.ufl.edu/distance/ProgRes_Main1.htm

The Library of Rush University Medical Center

Jonna Peterson

Online, Camtasia tutorial for the online catalog and Ovid MEDLINE

(Note: requires Windows Media Player)

http://www.lib.rush.edu/library/onlinetutorials.html

Health Information Network Calgary, Canada

Taryn J. Lenders

Camtasia tutorial - an introduction to the Health Information Network

http://homepages.ucalgary.ca/~hinc/

UCHSC, Health Sciences Library

Lynne M. Fox

Online tutorials using Captivate rather then Camtasia (easier to edit):

Some tutorial tips:

*       Start with some short, fairly simple operations to capture, and
add on modules

*       Work from a script

*       SAVE OFTEN

*       Use good equipment (especially the mic)

*       Use the highest quality recording settings

*       Drink hot water to keep your voice "loose" and try to record all
of your script in one setting

*       Work in big blocks, if you get interrupted the audio will sound
different, no matter how much you try to match your voice

*       If you can use another software to edit the audio with a sound
board and have professional help, your work will be more professional

*       If you have time, be a perfectionist: you won't regret it.  If
you don't have time, try to keep the main goal in mind -- you are able
to deliver adequate asynchronous instruction to the people who need it.

Maria Melssen, MLIS
Reference/Education Librarian
Mulford Library
Mail Stop #1061