I think it's a great story (I currently have 7 rescues) but I can't
shake the image of this little kittie padding through the hallways, his
black robe and scythe trailing behind him.....

I do find it amazing at the ability of cats to know when they need to
just settle down and offer comfort.  I had one that absolutely refused
to sit on my lap or let me pet her more than 2 times in a row.  She was
just ornery.

Except when I had a migraine.  Then she somehow knew.  She would come
over to me very slowly, always purring very quietly, and curl up next to
me.  The first time it happened, I couldn't believe it (thought my
migraine had me seeing visions!).  After that, though, I grew to expect
her and she never disappointed.  Once the migraine was gone, though, so
was she!

Helena

Helena M. VonVille
Library Director
University of Texas School of Public Health
Houston, TX
713-500-9131
713-500-9125 (fax)