Folks--My boss is urgently asking me to justify money in our budget for books.  Our circulation has fallen but they are still used for reference and research though I have no statistics on that.  I serve the whole hospital--doctors, nurses, allied health.  They wonder why I can't rely on my neighboring libraries for this.  Can folks give me some good solid arguments why we should have some small amount of money for books?  (And I don't mean replacing them with electronic versions but not buying any books at all.) Joy
Joy Kennedy, MLS
Northwest Community Hospital
Health Resource Library
800 W. Central Rd.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005-2392
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 847-618-5180; Fax 847-618-5189

This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against you.  Please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents.  Thank you.