Paul,

I had a similar problem.  When investigating the problem I accidently vented
the rough pump inlet and then it powered on its own.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Paul Eby
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ISOGEOCHEM] Delta pump problem

Hello all,

I'm looking for assistance with a problem after a power outage: the pumps on
our Delta Plus XL will not turn back on.

When I toggle the source pump button, nothing happens (LED light does not
come on, no pump activity). The instrument does indeed have power (various
fans and electronics are humming), and I have reset the breakers on the
back.

The roughing pump itself is fine - it works fine when plugged into a hot
socket. I've also gone through the system looking for blown fuses and loose
cables. I've also left it unplugged for a few hours hoping for a miraculous
reset of some sort. No luck.

Any ideas?

Paul Eby

Biogeochemistry Lab (E-Hut, room 102)